Use your browser's "Back" button to return to where you were.
The Brick Walls Page
Every genealogist runs into "it" at some
stage in his or her research -- “The Brick Wall”. This condition
when, after much effort, you are unable to determine someone’s
descendants or ancestors. While the former may be tolerable, the
latter results in
Here are some of the “brick walls”
encountered in the Beals genealogy.
- Who was Sarah Jane Dennison (1827 - 15 Feb 1906) who
married John Strong Beals 13 Sept 1849? Who were her parents? Was she born in Kentville?
- Who was Mary Ellen Powers who married Samuel Beals, 30
Jun 1857 in Halifax, N.S. and died in 1906? Who were her parents and was
she born in P.E.I.?
- In the History of Kings County by Arthur W. H. Eaton the name
Silas Beals is mentioned on page 305. He was in Horton in 1778. Was he
related in any way to the Beals family in Nova Scotia?
- Who were the parents of Ingram Beals who married Joanna Chesley
(b. 1833)? [Calnek, p.489]
- Who were the parents of Jesse Beals who married [Matilda] Lucinda Berteaux (b. 23 Mar 1837)?
[Calnek, p. 481] She m(2) L. Alexander and died 1 Feb 1927.
- Who were the parents of Maynard H. Beals who married Jessie Robinson in Middleton? Both
lived in Nictaux. [Middleton Outlook, 13 Feb 1903, p. 4]
- George Ernest Beals of Hopewell, Pictou
Co. married, at Upper Canard, Sylvia Foote of Ross Corner,
Kings Co., daughter of Jeremiah Foote [Middleton Outlook, May 27, 1910. p.
3] Was George the son of Robert and Mary Beals?
- The following names appeared in the Provincial Wesleyan newspaper.
Who are they?
- Lucinda Beals
of Halifax married William English of Horton 20 Dec 1860. (Rev. T. Crisp)
- Burton Beals of Halifax married Rachel
Elizabeth Woodin of Truro 11 Mar 1857. (Rev. Cochran)
- Burton Beals (again) married Delia McDermott
of Halifax 2 May 1861. (Rev. Thomas Crisp)
- Bridget Beals, wife of P. Burton Beals died
17 May 1864.